Portland, Oregon during the historic June 1894 flood. The Hallock & McMillan Building, at left, still stands and is the oldest commercial building in the city, having been built when Oregon was still a territory. The iron façade was removed in the 1940s and the building’s brick was covered with stucco in the 1950s. The middle building, the Fechheimer & White Building, also survived. Both are quiet reminders of the former architectural glory that was Front Avenue. Location: west side of Front Ave/Naito Parkway at Oak Street.
October 2012, Portland, Oregon. Location: west side of Front Ave/Naito Parkway at Oak Street.